Alice in Wonderland

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

Lewis Carroll

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Favorites

So I'm not going to lie - as a writer sometimes it's hard not to put some of your own characteristics into your characters. They become a piece of you so it can be complicated giving them a voice that's all their own. It's also hard not to have your favorites. I find myself leaning toward the same character names and descriptions. I have to really work to put something different together sometimes.

With that being said... What are some of your favorite things that you find some of your favorite characters sharing with you? Do you find yourself relating better to a character if you find out they like a particular band or movie? Do you love it when they themselves admit to getting lost in a book?

Here are some of my favorites:

Purple - preferably lavender
Daisies
Springtime
Sunsets
Song - Thinking Out Loud - Lesley Roy (I can't find it anywhere!)
Book - Me Before You - JOJO Moyes
Author - JK Rowling
Shape - Star
Smell - homemade chocolate chip cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment