Alice in Wonderland

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

Lewis Carroll

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Heather Kirchhoff

2017 is going to be a FANTASTIC year filled with author interviews, excerpts, new releases and FUN!

To start the year off right - we have an interview with the amazing Heather Kirchhoff!


About Heather: 

Heather Kirchhoff lives in Missouri where she works at a nursing home and has one dog and a betta. She became a bookworm back in sixth grade when her teacher suggested the Phantom Stallion series by Terri Farley and instantly fell in love. Heather loves reading paranormal stories, plus some love ones here and there. Writing is her passion--it helps her escape the world for a while, as well as reading--she doesn't know what she'd do without it. When Heather isn't writing, she is reading, taking walks, taking pictures, or spending time with her two best friends, animals, and family.

Interview:

1    What does your writing process look like? What is your favorite genre to write?
I basically just sit down and write. I love paranormal because of all of the possibilities, but I’m also starting to enjoy writing realistic fiction as well.
Do you have any strange writing habits (like standing on your head or writing in the shower)?
No, not really.
What book do you wish you could have written?
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. It’s perfect.
Just as your books inspire authors, what authors have inspired you to write?
Richelle Mead, Alyson Noel, and Stephenie Meyer made me decide to join this crazy world of writing.
If you could cast your characters in the Hollywood adaptation of your book, who would play your characters?
Oh, that’s a tough decision. For Chris I’d do Dominic Sherwood, and for Kateline I’ll go with Zoey Deutch.
How important are names to you in your books? Do you choose the names based on liking the way it sounds or the meaning? Do you have any name choosing resources you recommend?
They’re very important. I can go through a ton of names before finding one I think fits. I choose a name that I feel like fits my character in some way.
What do you consider to be your best accomplishment?
Writing a book.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully sitting at home writing all day.
Were you already a great writer? Have you always liked to write?
No. I was terrible when I started writing. I was in seventh grade when I began creating my own worlds. 
What writing advice do you have for other aspiring authors?
Just sit down and write. Don’t tell yourself you’re going to write. Don’t wish you were writing. Do it. I struggle with this, but I’m wanting to fix it.
If you didn't like writing books, what would you do for a living?
Probably be a professional photographer.
Are you a plotter or a pantster?
Pantser, though I want to attempt to plot one book and see how it goes.
Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?
I used to, but now I don’t. I’d say just don’t allow the bad reviews to get to you. They’re going to happen no matter what, so accept it and move on. You could always use it to improve your writing.
What is your best marketing tip?
I’m still trying to figure that out myself. I’ll go with try to find new ways to promote yourself and your books.
What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing process?
I don’t really have a least favorite. At least, not at the moment.
Is there one subject you would never write about as an author? What is it?
Hmm, I’m not sure about this. Right now, no there isn’t. That may change later on, but I can’t think of anything I wouldn’t write about.
Do you have a favorite conference to attend? What is it?
No I don’t. I’ve only attended one in my author career so far. I’m hoping to fix that soon.
Is there a certain type of scene that's harder for you to write than others? Love? Action? Racy?
Not that I’ve come across so far. It’s usually descriptions that I have a problem with.
Is this your first book? How many books have you written prior (if any?)
I’ve written about six books.
What literary character is most like you?
Sarah from The Last Night for sure. I used some of my emotions and things I’ve been through to write her story.
What is your biggest fear?
Spiders.
If you were a super hero what would your name be? What would your costume look like?
I honestly have no idea. I can’t come up with anything.
What are you working on now? What is your next project?
I’m working on Forever Yours, and I’m working on editing Magic #2. I’m not one hundred percent sure what my next project will be. 



No comments:

Post a Comment